SOLD OUT! -More on their way. Free UK Shipping!
The Diminutive X 46 from Xicoy is a sensation! Talk about a pocket rocket. I have one in a Rebel Hot and the engine looks lost inside. However, it flies the model with authority. I love it!
Specifications X 45 Light
- High power Output: 45N - 10lb
- Extremely low residual thrust: 1,8N -0,4lb
- Exceptional idle to full thrust ratio of 25 times.
- Max RPM: 225.000
- Minimum RPM: 60.000
- Diameter: 59,8mm
- Lenght: 165mm
- Engine weight: 395g including mounting strap and FOD filter
- Installed weight: 470g (inc Engine, Pump and leads. Not inclusive of battery)
- Fuel Comsumption: 20g/min at idle. 145g/min at full power.
- Easily adjustable thrust output in Newton and in Lb from 1,8N to 45N.
- Kerosene and diesel fuel + 4% oil
- Kerostart fast starting of 25 sec.
- Inflight Restart technology. Typically half time than Normal Start.
- Brushless fuel pump with integrated controller
- High speed Brushless starter motor
- All new Fully Integrated ecu
- Telemetry for Jeti, Futaba, HoTT, MPX, PB Core, Spektrum, JR and FrSky. (optional module)
- Fuel and FOD filters included
- The product of the first development by Xicoy is a very small engine, aimed at the small and foamy jet market but incorporating all the latest thinking in mechanical design, digital electronic control and software developments. The engine has very low installed weight, around 400g, tiny case of below 60mm and 165mm from tip of starter to end of exhaust. It boasts an amazing 45N, 4.5kg or 10LBs of thrust which should be enough to satisfy most jet jockeys flying the small and no so small planes, and a extremely low residual thrust of 1.8N , 0,18kg, 0.4lb at idle to help with approaches. The engine is full internal kerostart, can start and run happily on kero or diesel and incorporates built-in valves. A simple 3-wire cable and one 4mm pipe are the only connections needed for the engine. A smart, replaceable fod screen is supplied as standard to protect the small compressor against FOD.
- The engine incoporates a high speed brushless starter which helps the engine to show an amazing start-to-idle just under 25 seconds, from initiation. A sub miniature, intelligent brushless fuel pump eliminates any need for pump starting or other adjustments. There is no external ECU, this function is built into the pcb on the engine. To connect the battery (2S Lipo, or 3S LiFe) there is a small external unit (Hub) which the battery plugs into, together with the fuel pump, a display (if used) and any additional functions that are added beyond the basic setup, such as telemetry modules, sensors etc. This Hub will also be available soon with a miniature display built on, to eliminate the need for any additional plug-in items. The full installed light package weighs just 470g.
- The control system is a completely new single wire control development which benefits from the latest extremely fast and powerful electronics and digital controls. There is no backwards compatibility with any previous FADEC system. This enables the very latest, most capable, and fastest micro-controllers to be used. This gives a system which is highly adaptable and will form the platform for all future Xicoy engine products. The pioneering spirit of Gaspar and Xicoy continues and teamed up with Mike you can be sure many more things will follow very soon, these are exciting times for the hobby!